This Project was set up in 2015 by a group of older carers in 2015. We were fortunate to receive funding from the Community Foundation of Ireland’s Older Person’s Grant. This allowed us to do some of the things we wanted to do.
The story so far….
- We employed the services of a facilitator to help us think about how we want to advocate for Older Carers. A large and lively group of older carers attended six workshops on advocacy and campaigning for older carers.
- At these workshops we also put together a training toolkit which we hope other groups might use to learn about and advocate for carers’ concerns and particularly the needs of older carers. You can find further information about the toolkit here.
- We have made digital stories about our lives as carers. Please do listen. You will find our stories here.
- We are put together a plan for our 2016 election campaign and we are hoping you will help us. More information on what you can do to help can be found here.
- Those of us who are not very computer literate have been working with transition year students to help improve our skills. More on this here.
- We received funding from Cork City Council for a twinning grant with our fellow carers association in Swansea. More information on this project can be found here.
And we are only starting!
Please do join us in our work. We welcome people of all ages because we feel it is important that everyone in Ireland remembers that at some point you yourself may be the carer or the person you is cared for.